Motor cruiser Amaroo was built by Stebbings in 1946 to a design by J.H. Hardman. LOA is 33.6′; beam is 10.2′; and draft is 3′. When built she had two 4-cylinder paraffin motors by Morris. Stebbings built a number of cruisers to this design in the years after WW2.
The 1968 Llloyd’s Register of Yachts lists the owners as the Misselbrook’s of Cringleford Hall, near Norwich, and the home port as Lowestoft. The photos above were taken in 2010 on the Norfolk Broads. Amaroo might currently be moored on the River Ant, up near Wayford Bridge.
Photos are copyright of Sue Hines, reproduced with kind permission.