While the National Boat Show began in 1954 at Olympia, London, the levels of public interest soon demanded a larger venue and in 1957 the show moved to Earl’s Court. By the time of the sixth National Boat Show the number of exhibitors had more than doubled since the show’s beginnings.
The show ran from December 30th 1959 to January 9th 1960 and was organised by the Ship and Boat Builders’ National Federation and sponsored by the Daily Express.
Stebbings took three boats to the show and a selection of spars. The three yachts in the leftmost photo are, from left to right, a 21′ Holliwell class clinker sloop with lifting keel and tabernacled mast; a 31′ Brabant sloop, Marcasite; and a 42′ Albatross class steel ketch, Ceol Mara, all designed by Alan Buchanan.
Photos by Robelus. Programme excerpts Copyright of National Boat Shows, reproduced with kind permission.